smtpd_proxy_filter by recipient domain?
Patrick Ben Koetter
2011-03-05 15:33:55 UTC
I would like to send messages off to different smtpd_proxy_filters depending
on the recipient domain and I don't see how this can be done with Postfix
currently.

Would it technically be possible to do that?

Speaking in terms of interface I have something on my mind that expands
access(5):

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/proxy_filters

# /etc/postfix/proxy_filters
example.com smtpd_proxy_filter=127.0.0.1:10024
.example.com smtpd_proxy_filter=127.0.0.1:10025
example.org smtpd_proxy_filter=127.0.0.1:10026

***@rick
justified.

saslfinger (debugging SMTP AUTH):
Wietse Venema
2011-03-05 15:42:39 UTC
Post by Patrick Ben Koetter
I would like to send messages off to different smtpd_proxy_filters depending
on the recipient domain and I don't see how this can be done with Postfix
currently.
There can be only one smtpd proxy filter per smtpd process.

Wietse
Victor Duchovni
2011-03-06 19:25:42 UTC
Post by Patrick Ben Koetter
I would like to send messages off to different smtpd_proxy_filters depending
on the recipient domain and I don't see how this can be done with Postfix
currently.
Proxies process messages, not recipients. Envelope splitting happens in
the queue manager. What you are wanting is not possible pre-queue.
--
Viktor.